This page is based on a similar page in the MediaWiki -- the tool that drives the Gramps online documentation. The references below are about tweaks to using this tool when documenting Gramps. For basic concepts about becoming a competent MediaWiki author, the developer site will have the best information.
The Gramps Wiki documentation is a community project. If you notice that documentation is: outdated, incomplete, entirely missing, or not yet translated into your native language; request a WikiContributor account and help us improve!
If you haven't received confirmation that an account has been created within a few days, send a message to the webmaster. Please be patient... this is purely a volunteer-in-your-free-time operation.
For those seeking help organizing their genealogy research with Gramps or development of Gramps tools, an almost overwhelming amount of information is available online... but it can be difficult to locate.
Start by using the search box in the left sidebar or by searching the maillist archives linked on the Gramps community contacts page.
General Wiki help
- Editing pages
- Starting a new page
- Wikipedia:Manual of Style (generic)
- Documentation Typographical Conventions - examples describing menus, buttons and hotkeys of the GUI; adding boxes for Hints, Examples & Warnings
- Formatting - styling basic text & paragraphs
- Linkable Gramps terms in Glossary
- List of known Categories
- Tagging a Page with a Category
- Adding Content other beyond Text
- Icon template
- Icon (sm-med-lg) sets
- Citations - inserting citations and requesting citations for contested information
- Internationalization, Localization & Translations
- Translating the Gramps User manual
- Translating team and policy
- Portal:Translators - Status report on Gramps program translations
- Advanced Editing (Wiki)
- Managing files
- Magic words
- Collections of Pages for Documentation and Gramps programming Contributors
- MediaWiki Help
- MediaWiki add-ons currently installed in the Gramps-Project.org/wiki
- SpecialPages - including tools to List orphaned and uncategorized pages