2021-12-04 - Sorry the Gramps wiki is currently being upgraded to a newer software version. Please check back after the 2021-12-06.
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
This is a Third-party Addon.
Please use carefully on data that is backed up, and help make it better by reporting any comments or problems to the author, or issues to the bug tracker
Once this Report addon has been installed, Heatmap web pages can be generated from the Graphical User Interface or the Book interface. Report only looks for
Places found within a subset of the Events related to a group of
The webpage contains an embedded list of GPS coordinates for places with the number of Events occurring at each place. The list is set up for output to the Heatmapping overlay feature of a selected Web map service.
The Graphical User Interface
Select Menu Reports ▼ Web Pages ▶ Heatmap...
The General tab
This tab allows the following options to be selected:
- Filter: defaults to restrict Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destinationPerson results to match the "
Ancestors of <selected person>" filter.
Other filters include the "
Descendants of <selected person>" or any of the custom filter for the Person category.
- Person: Sets the
<selected person>for the filter.
This defaults to the currently Active Person.Select Existing button allows theError creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
<selected person>to be re-designated.
The Share list is initially filtered to the current Active Person, Home Person and any bookmarked persons.
Show all checkbox allows choosing from an unfiltered People list.
- Map tiles: Changes the Map Service providing the HeatMap overlay processing and the appearance of the map backdrop.
Map Service selections include:
- Stamen Terrain
- Stamen Toner
- Stamen Watercolor
- CartoDB Positron
- CartoDB DarkMatter
- Filepath: The file directory where the Web Page file should be saved.
- File name: The file name. (Only allows letters A-Z, a-z, numbers 0-9 and the characters space, underline and hyphen)
The Advanced tab
- Enable custom start position If selected, the map centers on a specific location and zoom scale.
- Start latitude: +90 (north pole) to -90 (south pole). The central latitude for a displayed map.
- Start longitude: -180 to 0 for the western hemisphere and 0 to +180 for the eastern hemisphere. The central longitude for a displayed map.
- Start zoom: 1 to 18 [8 default]. 1 shows the entire planet surface in about 5 inches square.
The Limits tab
- Enable map limits If selected, the map is restricted to a range of zoom scales and a viewing window.
- Min. zoom: 1 to 18 [1 default]. Limits the zoom out scale that a map rendering will accept.
- Max. zoom: 1 to 18 [14 default]. Limits the zoom in scale that a map rendering will accept.
- Upper left corner latitude: +90 (north pole) to -90 (south pole). The upper latitudinal limit for scrolling a displayed map.
- Upper left corner longitude: -180 to 0 for the western hemisphere and 0 to +180 for the eastern hemisphere. The leftmost longitudinal limit for scrolling a displayed map.
- Lower right corner latitude: +90 (north pole) to -90 (south pole). The lower latitudinal limit for scrolling a displayed map.
- Lower right corner longitude: -180 to 0 for the western hemisphere and 0 to +180 for the eastern hemisphere. The rightmost longitudinal limit for scrolling a displayed map.
- Render custom map limit border If selected, a semi-transparent blue polygon illustrates the limits of the view window box. (Shows as a rectangle for standard Mercator Projection of the globe.)
- Gramps add-ons by Matthias Kemmer
- Add-ons web catalog
- Heatmap Web Report
- Avatar Generator
- Event Description Editor
- Number Of Ancestors Quick View
- Family Relationship
- Media Report
- Double Cousin Report
- Set Privacy Tool
- Add/Remove Tag Tool
- FilterRules : Plugin Manager Rulebook Collection 1
- People related to <filter>
- People with events with a selected role
- Families with Events with a selected role
- Source matching parameters
- People Separated less than <N> degrees of <Home person>
- People Separated less than <N> degrees of <person>
- Events of families matching a <family filter>
- Families matching <event filter>
- People who are part of families matching <filter>
- Filter people by their age at death
- Match associations of <person filter>
- People with multiple parent records
- FilterRules2 : Plugin Manager Rulebook Collection 2
- Matrilineal progenitrix of <person>
- Mitochondrial inheritance of <filter>
- Mitochondrial inheritance of <person>
- Patrilineal progenitor of <person>
- X-chromosomal ancestors of <person>
- X-chromosomal descendants of <person>
- Y-chromosomal inheritance of <person filter>
- Y-chromosomal inheritance of <person>