Thanks for the welcome!
- Thank you Sam888 (talk)
- To make things easier, perhaps protect the pages that you don't want to be edited and then I'll know which ones that I am allowed to edit. If I make any mistakes, please let me know!
- I think that you have made a grammar mistake. You spelled the word "note" wrong and forgot to add the "e" at the end. It doesn't matter, I have sorted it! https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=User_talk:Bamaustin&action=edit§ion=2 --Chills (talk) 08:52, 24 February 2020 (UTC)
A bit offended
Hello, Sam! Can I have your permission to have a page of myself on the mainspace? It will be about me being a contributor on this wiki. In fact, perhaps you could create it. Page name to be called: Dove Windsor. --Chills (talk) 09:47, 26 February 2020 (UTC)
- Sorry no self promotion allowed on the Gramps wiki as it is only for the user manual and general genealogy articles. You may raise this on the Gramps users mailing list if you feel the Gramps project should changing to allow this, but I beleive wikipedia/your own personal website or your personal user page on the wiki are ok.
Are you a Gramps user?
By the way are you a Gramps user, what version (Gramps 5.1.2 is the current release)? I only ask as some of the edits do not match the messages and tooltips in the interface(for US English) so if you have an issue with the messages then a translation improvement should be made for the next release of Gramps, then when the user manual is rolled over the changes you have made would match, please be careful. Sam888 (talk) 05:36, 27 February 2020 (UTC)
Remove TrueOS from Download page
Hi Sam, TrueOS is gone. read: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=No-More-TrueOS It's Official But Sad: TrueOS Is Over As Once The Best Desktop BSD OS] & . Should I remove it or wait for the official announcement from TrueOS. GulliblePangolin (talk) 00:25, 29 March 2020 (UTC)
Portuguese Translations issues
Protect pages of old user manual
I think there maybe a mistake here.
Both the Index page and the Preface page I reviewed were translated to Brazilian. Is this intentional? If it is, I would need a different page set for Portuguese (maybe named Portugal?). I wouldn't want to destroy anybody's work.
Thank you. User:Pmra
- Spotted this that may interest you New manual/wiki language add ISO pt_PT for Portugal translations. GulliblePangolin (talk) 00:26, 29 March 2020 (UTC)
- Yes, it seems the same problem. So, what should I do, continue editing or wait for a new set of pages?User:Pmra
Please Reverse Contributions
I probably messed up the pages. Could I ask you to revert all my contributions to the old state (Brazilian translations) and create a blank index page for Portugal? I'm not sure I can do it and not very willing to try.
Many thanks in advance. User:Pmra
I knew that the editing was in old revisions of the wiki. It was an opportunity to reduce the clutter in the current Category indices. Particularly important was consolidating the mis-categorized non-english pages. (Both so they didn't obstruct browsing by the English-only users and so the non-English speakers could find all the translated pages in their language.) The Category indices are almost unnavigable.
Isn't this a forgivable modification of historic pages?
Merge tow Italian categories
Please merge the follow two one is an upper case "i"