This is a Third-party Addon.
Please use carefully on data that is backed up, and help make it better by reporting any comments or problems to the author, or issues to the bug tracker
🚧 Unreleased add-on
You may install the addon manually if you are interested in helping to test and report issues.
- CardView folder in Christopher Horn's GitHub Repository
- CardView README.md on GitHub
- Addon:CardView - addon Wiki page
- Addon:LinkedView : superseded (submit to Delettion request category upon CardView release through the Plugin Manager system)
- Feature documentation:Start with Genealogy
- Active Person Gramps Glossary definition
- based on the Gramps-users archived threads:
- Added the language templates to the 5.1 page but some other page redirects must be missing, because the Finnish index page does show the language name of "suomi" at the top of the page. Patsy B Lefebre (talk) 22:17, 24 June 2022 (UTC)
First binary for Apple Mac
The fist binary was released by Emrys Williams for Gramps 3.1.2 back in 2009
see the following messages:
- https://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/mailman/message/11259440/ [Gramps-devel] GTK+ native on MAC OS X / From: Richard Taylor <[email protected]> - 2005-11-24 08:55:09
"This should mean that a MAC native pygtk should be possible and hopefully enough of the pygnome stuff to enable GRAMPS in native MAC OS cocoa form."
- https://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/mailman/message/22433558/ [Gramps-users] Who uses gramps on Apple Mac? / From: Emrys Williams <[email protected]> - 2009-05-16 08:23:38
"I'm contemplating trying to organise better support for gramps on mac, somehow or another. I'd like to know how many people are currently using gramps on mac and how they get on."
- https://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/mailman/message/22816867/ [Gramps-devel] gramps on mac / From: Emrys Williams <[email protected]> - 2009-06-20 21:26:46
"Much to my surprise, I now have a gramps built with jhbuild running on Mac!....so I wrote a jhbuild moduleset to build python 2.6.2, and that magically made everything spring to life using the 3.1.2 gramps....So I have some bugs to investigate and some more organisation of the build to do, then I can think about bundling the whole lot up as a one-click-install Mac package. But it does actually work!"
- https://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/mailman/message/23201032/ Re: [Gramps-devel] gramps on mac / From: Emrys Williams <[email protected]> - 2009-07-29 12:08:53
"Ok, try again: I have _now_ produced a binary packaged Gramps application for Mac the Should Just Work, and it's available for download. There's a description at http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Using_Gramps_on_Apple_Mac The build environment is also available and (if you have a Mac with Apple Xcode) will build from scratch in about an hour."
- https://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/mailman/message/23259622/ [Gramps-users] Gramps on Mac PPC now available / From: Richard Taylor <[email protected]> - 2009-08-05 21:16:14
"The PPC build of Gramps for OS X is now available."