Linux Genealogy CD
The Linux Genealogy Desktop CD 6.1 (Released: 2010-11-29) (The CD is available only for the x86 architecture.)
Includes the following pre-installed genealogy software:
- GRAMPS 3.2.5
As well as GraphViz the program that draws pretty charts and graphs in GRAMPS.
This Live CD is based on Ubuntu 10.10 (The Maverick Meerkat ) Desktop CD.
Obtaining the CD
The CD can be obtained via:
- The SourceForge, GRAMPS download page
- Centralized download. Thanks to the hosting kindly donated to GRAMPS, the CD images can be downloaded via:
- Purchase a CD. An alternative to downloading the CD image is to purchase the physical CD. The CD is currently available for purchase in Australia and the USA.
- Current and previous versions of the CD are also stored on Gramps website
Thanks to Alex Roitman, the details to create the Live CD are now available for future development. If you would like to contribute to this, please email the gramps-developers mailing list.
- http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps-cd/ - Sources for Live CD
If after installation, your desktop is not fully translated to your selected locale:
- have a look at Menu -> System -> Administration -> Languages support
- or manualy download packages with your language code. Then under a console:
$ sudo dpkg -i -R *.deb