Gramps 5.1 Wiki Manual - What's new?/tr
Bu bölüm, Gramps sürüm 5.0'dan bu yana yapılan değişikliklere genel bir bakış sunar. Bu değişiklikler ayrıca bu kılavuzun ilerleyen kısımlarında ayrıntılı olarak açıklanmaktadır. Users of Gramps upgrading from earlier versions are encouraged to review this section in older user manuals to be sure to take advantage of these new features when they start using version 5.1.
- 1 Yükseltmeden önce
- 2 Visible changes to the core
- 3 Under the hood changes
- 4 Further information
Before you upgrade, make sure your family tree data is secure. The best way to do this is:
- Start your existing version of Gramps (Gramps 3.4 or Gramps 4.2 or Gramps 5.0)
- Open your family tree
- Back up the family tree to the gramps xml format or the gramps xml package format (the gramps xml package includes your photographs and other media files associated with your family tree data). Backup your tree via menu Family Trees -> Make Backup....
- Close this family tree and repeat the above steps for any other family trees you have
- Keep the resulting file(s) in a safe place
After properly safeguarding your data, proceed to install Gramps 5.1 using your operating system's regular installation process. In most cases, this will ensure that the new Gramps 5.1 installation will not clash with your older version of Gramps. However, it may be safer to uninstall Gramps 3.4 before installing Gramps 5.1, or make sure you install Gramps 5.1 in a different location. This is always necessary if you are installing from the source code. For more information on installing Gramps 5.1, please see Downloading the latest Gramps
After you install Gramps 5.1, you can open your existing family trees and continue working. In case of problems (e.g., after a complete system upgrade), import the backup file(s) created above to recreate your family tree(s).
Visible changes to the core
Changes visible after the migration: interface, data.
Details of changes to the data model (if any):
- No change
- A Family Tree cannot be opened in Gramps 3.4/4.0/4.1/4.2 and Gramps 5.1 without upgrade.
- A downgrade can only be accomplished by exporting XML and importing to the previous version.
- A Gramps XML file generated by Gramps 3.4/4.0/4.1 is not identical to one generated by Gramps 5.1.
- Gramps 5.1 is now python3 only
See detailed changes for more details on internal database.
- SQLite is now the default database backend rather than BSDDB. You can still choose to use alternative database backends. BSDDB remains available as a standard alternative. For power users, PostgreSQL and MongoDB are available as experimental third-party addons.
The developers believe that SQLite may have fewer database corruptions that prevent easy recovery.
- Options for automatic backup periodically and on exit. The Backup on exit is the default.
- Config: new database-backup-use-compression option
- New color schemes allow a light and dark choice.
- Additional color indications in graphs for Home person, Unknown Alive, Family, Family divorced.
- Add "within <n> km/miles/degree" filter
- Ability to be able to enter comma separated latitude/longitude pairs
- Sidebar resizes better, position is remembered
- Person SurName editor is more intuitive to use.
- View Buttons order no longer changes with different startup.
- Better progress indication for long running operations
- Windows remember size/position
- add FanChart2Way
- Add kmls for the geography places view.
- ability to search alternate place names when selecting place
Reports, Tools, Gramplets
- new genealogy tree report
- Place format editor and option for many reports
- Date format Editor and option for many reports
- option how to report living people for many reports
- ReorderIDs tool has been upgraded; can now work around customized IDs (like GetGov IDs).
- Narrative web has additional options and appearance changes.
- Allows output in different language
- Date output option
- Statistics page
- Add option to Include all / unreferenced Media objects
- relationship to central person on individual pages
- Add thumbnail size option to family lines graph
- Enhance the Descendant Report and Detailed Descendant Report
- Complete Individual Report add options
- enable to include or exclude Person and Family Notes
- add option to include or exclude census data
- option to include relationship to center person
- options to include GrampsID, Tags, Attributes
- Include all place types in place report
- Relationship, Family Lines, Hourglass Graphs options how lines are drawn
- New: Clean input data Tool - Removes leading and trailing spaces.
- Gedcom supports more non-standard 'tags' and additional standard tags
- GEDCOM 5.5.1 Support Custom Event on export
- XML export new compression option
- Quilt Chart view: The view shows a quilt chart visualization of a family tree
- Plugin Manager Enhanced: An Addon/Plugin Manager with several additional capabilities
- Sandclock Tree: Sandclock tree using LaTeX genealogytree
- Import and Merge tool: Compares a Gramps XML database with the current one, and allows merging of the differences.
- Check Associations data: Will check the data on Association for people.
Under the hood changes
- Numerous changes relating to support for other database backends (SQLite, PostgreSQL, MongoDB etc.).
- Alerts on certain database corruptions (handles to non-existent objects) that were previously suppressed are now regarded as errors. It may be necessary to run the Check and Repair tool to fix exceptions with a corrupted database.
- Fixes to prevent the user from closing or changing the database during long running operations.
- Support python3 only. (Python2 support dropped ahead of the Jan. 2020 EOL zero hour)
- Need GTK+ 3.10 and PyGObject 3.12 or greater versions
- Update translations: ca, cs, da, de, en_GB, eo, fr, fi, hu, is, it, lt, nb, nl, pt_BR, pt_PT, ru, sk, sl, uk, vi
- Explore the Release Notes for previous releases of Gramps
- See projected items related to Gramps next version.
- Gramps Enhancement Proposals (GEPS) - See Released column for new items implemented in Gramps 5.1
- 5.1 Roadmap - wiki
- See items related to Gramps 5.1 on the Gramps issue tracker.
- See additional information see the changelogs for the test releases of Gramps:
What Was Once New
The Previous Release page includes links to bullet lists of changes in major releases and maintenance releases over the years.
However, the What's New? pages in the superseded version of the wiki manual for each major releases can provide greater detail:
A compact overview of enhancements was first added to the manual in 2010. For the first 3 years of the wiki, it was necessary to review the entire manual.
The initial MediaWiki documentation was begun in 2006. Prior to the 2.9 edition of the manual, the documentation was distributed with the Gramps software. The downloadable manual was eliminated with the Gramps 3.0 version.
|Special copyright notice: All edits to this page need to be under two different copyright licenses:
These licenses allow the Gramps project to maximally use this wiki manual as free content in future Gramps versions. If you do not agree with this dual license, then do not edit this page. You may only link to other pages within the wiki which fall only under the GFDL license via external links (using the syntax: [https://www.gramps-project.org/...]), not via internal links.