This is a Third-party Addon.
Please use carefully on data that is backed up, and help make it better by reporting any comments or problems to the author, or issues to the bug tracker
The Themes addon adds a small set of configuration settings to the Preferences dialog. The original 'Colors' panel is updated and the new settings added at the top of the panel.
There are four new settings;
- Theme:Adwaita setting allows the user to select from the installed themes on their machine. A few of the themes will come standard with the system library Gtk. Others may be part of the Operating System, particularly in Linux based systems.
Note that not all themes are fully compatible with Gtk and Gramps; if the theme selected doesn't look right, with missing elements or other issues, select another theme.
- Dark Variant If the selected theme includes a dark version of the theme as a subset, then this will activate the dark version.(unselected by default)
- Toolbar Text This enables text below the main Gramps toolbar icons.(unselected by default)
- Default This returns Gramps theme settings to their default values, as if no changes were made with these settings. Note that the graph colors below are independent, they have their own 'Default' button to return them to the Gramps defaults.
- Font This brings up a selector which allows the user to pick a Font, and/or change the font size. The fonts presented are those found on the system.
The remainder of the dialog is described in Gramps_5.0_Wiki_Manual_-_Settings#Colors.
Installing your own theme
It is possible to change the Gramps theme on the Windows AIO.
The Gramps AIO version 5.0.x uses Gtk 3.18 or higher, so a theme MUST be selected that supports that version (themes that are designed for a later version may not work). The current Gtk version is reported in the Addon:Prerequisites_Checker_Gramplet.
Suitable themes might be found in .
Download the theme file (often a tar.gz) and if necessary decompress it using 7-zip of similar.
The decompressed files should be stored in "C:\Users\you\.themes" (replacing 'you' with your user name) so that the final directory structure looks like:
You should follow instructions for your distribution. Some other information that could help is provided GEPS_029:_GTK3-GObject_introspection_Conversion#GTK_3_theme.