Addon:Deep Connections Gramplet
This is a Third-party Addon.
Please use carefully on data that is backed up, and help make it better by reporting any comments or problems to the author, or issues to the bug tracker
The Deep Connections Gramplet shows a deep relationship between active person and home person. The Deep Connections Gramplet will find all relationships between the home person and active person, if one exists. Similar to the builtin Relationship Calculator.
Add the Deep Connections Gramplet to one of the following Category views: People, Relationships, Charts or Geography.
Make sure you have set the Home Person otherwise you will receive the message: No Home Person set. .
Select another person from the People list view to make them active then change to the Deep Connections Gramplet to see the result, this can take some time, as it thoroughly searches through all relationships. The Deep Connections Gramplet reports a chain of people that form a related connection between the Active Person and the Home Person.
You can Pause the Gramplet or Copy the person to the Clipboard or even have the Gramplet Continue to attempt to find additional connections.
Right-clicking inside the gramplet results (but not on a hotlink) will show a pop-up context menu. The options are: Cut (disabled), Copy (enabled only when text is has been highlighted), Paste (disabled), Delete (disabled), and Select All.
Right-clicking on the titlebar of undocked (detached, torn off) Deep Connections Gramplet will show a pop-up context menu. The options are: Restore (disabled), Move, Resize, Minimize (disabled), Maximize (disabled), and Close.
Left-clicking on a hotlinked Person name will open the Person Editor for that Person.
- When view expanded the display area does not fill the entire window/dialog.
- 4458 Deep Connections Gramplet does not find all possible paths
- 6467 Deep Connections Gramplet: Doubly redundant relations
- 12001 Deep Connections Gramplet: Pressing the copy button when Home person not set crashes Gramps.
- Pressing Ctrl+C (Copy) brings up the Clipboard but nothing is actually copied to clipboard. Gramps redefined that hotkey (keybinding) combination. Use the right-click pop-up menu instead.