The Attach Source Tool allows you to add a new or existing Source to the entire database or selected set of filtered people.
- Once this plugin has been installed
- Select Menu Tools > Family Tree Processing -> Attach Source...
- From the Undo history warning dialog you can choose Stop or Proceed with the tool.
- The Options tab is displayed with the following:
- Person Filter: Entire Database(default)
- Filter Person: defaults to the Active Person.
- Source type: New source(default), or Existing source.
- New Source Title: Empty textbox by default, that you can type your source details into.
- Existing Source ID: Empty textbox by default, that you can type in the number of an existing source.
Once you have made your choices for the source to be attached you can either choose Close or Execute to apply the change.
After the change has been made a second tab appears called "Results" that you change to and examine the final results.
Once finished select Close.
- Add attach source to multiple events using the AttachSourceTool 4257
- Add a method to select the source ID from a popup dialog ???
- Add sources to types of objects other than people (media, events, etc) ???
- Add a Help button pointing to this page ???
- Fix "Results" tab that does not expand as dialog is maximized.???