Difference between revisions of "Addon:AttachSourceTool"
m (Bamaustin moved page AttachSourceTool to Addon:AttachSourceTool: Standardize filename in preparation for new installer tools)
Latest revision as of 21:30, 4 January 2022
This is a Third-party Addon.
Please use carefully on data that is backed up, and help make it better by reporting any comments or problems to the author, or issues to the bug tracker
The Attach Source Tool allows you to add a new or existing sources to the entire database or selected set of filtered people.
- Once this addon has been installed
- Select Menu Tools > Family Tree Processing -> Attach Source...
- From the Undo history warning dialog you can choose Stop or Proceed with the tool.
- The Options tab is displayed with the following:
- Person Filter: Entire Database(default)
- Filter Person: defaults to the Active Person.
- Source type: New source(default), or Existing source.
- New Source Title: Empty textbox by default, that you can type your source details into.
- Existing Source ID: Empty textbox by default, that you can type in the number of an existing source.
Once you have made your choices for the source to be attached you can either choose Close or Execute to apply the change.
After the change has been made the Results tab will become available where you can change and examine the final results.
Once finished select Close.
- Missing a Help button pointing to this page ???
- Fixed "Results" tab that does not expand as dialog is maximized.???
- Selecting "Execute" a second time with no changes creates a duplicate source for "New Source" , probably should give a warning. ???
- Add attach source to multiple events using the AttachSourceTool 4257
- Add sources to types of objects other than people (media, events, etc) ???
- Be able to reverse/undo a run or provide a dry run option that shows the results of what would be changed ???
- Add a method to select the source ID from a popup dialog ???