The next version of GRAMPS will be a major release. The 2.2.x code is now in bug-fix only mode. First beta versions of GRAMPS 3.0 should appear oktober 2007.
Development of version 3.0 is well under way.
- New interface to the data: Use of a Family Tree manager - completed
- Mark-up in notes: use bold, italics, ... in the notes - completed
- Multiple Notes: every object can have several separate notes - in progress
- Note view needs to have option to show all or only show unattached.
- new GEDCOM parser (import/export) - in progress
- Minor 5.5.1 updates needed.
- Export to spreadsheet/CSV of views - completed
- Use of GtkPrint for direct printing - in progress
- Simplified database access/Simplified document classes - in progress
- Reworked icons - completed
- Reworked reports (add the notes) - in progress
- New reports
- Kinship report
- mini reports available from person view (info, all events)
- Move LDS temple info out of const.py and into an XML file - completed
- Export assistant rewrite based on GtkAssistant - in progress
General TODO list before final release
See TODO file in SVN.
From the [ChangeLog you can see much is implemented already.