Gramps 5.1.4 released.
Gramps team releases version 5.1.4, A new maintenance release.
- Update translations: cs, de, es, fi, fr, hu, nl, pt_BR, ru, sv, zh_CN.
- Update copyright date.
- Fix probably alive if death without date.
- 12349: Place editor, copy and paste of lat and long text no longer auto-populating latitude and longitude fields.
- 12048: Fix for crash when changing views if part of toolbar is not shown because of a small screen when changing views.
- 12338: Fix bottombar always showing after restart, even when not wanted.
- 12343: Always use filtered collation names. Store the Sqlite3 collations in the __collations array to short-circuit re-creation.
- Fix issue with German relation calculator fixed issue when more than 24 generations between the two people.
- Add file logging for macOS. When Gramps is launched from macOS's LaunchServices it doesn't have a sys.stderr attached so the default stream logger goes to /dev/null. Use a FileHandler in tht case, writing the log to $TMPDIR/gramps-pid.log. This will help particularly in analyzing crashes where python shuts down as there's no crash report in that case.
- 12263: Fix libplaceview to avoid exception when mapservice is no longer present.
- 12248: Fix References Gramplet for inadequate updates when other objects change.
- Fix geofamily crash if a family has no father.
- 12235: Home Person setting does not convey in a merge.
- 12158: Fix CSV export of view to only put single CR character.
- 12212: Add Media filter rule 'HasMedia' to list of media rules for editor.
- Need to set locale.textdomain under linux. _build_popup_ui() ignores translated strings without locale.textdomain set.
- Change category of 'MatchesEventFilter'.
- 11973: Fix issue where separator between top and bottom bar of View creeps up.
- 11691: Fix Locations Gramplet (Enclosed by) to properly display certain nested places when the smallest place has undated enclosure and larger places are dated.
- 10734: Fix Family Tree Manager drop error on Windows.
- 12000: Fix exportvcalendar error is "is not" with a literal (Python 3.8 issue)
- 12170: Handle not found when copying source from the citation tree.
- Fix call to 'file' function, which doesn't exist in Python3.
- 12150: Fix write_lock_file exception when USERNAME is missing.
- 12139: Fix EditPlace so Tab key doesn't get stuck on Private icon.
- 12124: Fix Tag report for places that have a hierarchy.
- 12063: Fix exception when cancelling out of a db upgrade in GUI.
- Icon file changes:
- Install 128x128 and 256x256 application icons.
- Install MIME type icons into the hicolor theme.
- Remove gnome-mime- prefix from icon filenames.
- Install application icons into correct directories.
- 11766: Fix error in Birthday and Anniversary report. Fixes an error triggered when the first person_handle in the list has a death event, but no birth event and does not have family relationships. These conditions lead to the local variable short_name not being declared before it comes time to process death events.
- 11741: Fix graphdoc to properly escape characters in ids for Graphviz.
- 11874: Replace inspect.stack() with inspect.currentframe(). Works around https://bugs.python.org/issue12920 which causes every call to inspect.trace() to fail because __main__ is always the starting point.
- 11750: Fix crash sorting on columns in Selectors with TreeModels.
- 11642: Fix progress bar freeze due to changes in Gtk.
- 11929: Fix svgdrawdoc for text containing XML invalid characters.
- Update PyICU to 2.7.2 in macOS build.
- Update dependencies. Includes moving berkeleydb and pybsddb over from gtk-osx.
- Further changes for bundling with Python 3.8.
- 11874: Set __file__ if gramps_launcher.py is run as __main__.
- Add geocode-glib to build.
See the Changelog.