Gramps 4.2.4 released.
Gramps team releases version 4.2.4. A maintenance release.
- 9322: fixes for the PHON, FAX, EMAIL and WWW Gedcom tags to support Gedcom v5.5.1
- use more relative import
- Support for FTM and others Custom Gedcom Event Tags on import
- 9341: fix '_deeprelationshippath' filter rule
- Narrativeweb: some dates are incorrect in tar archive.
- MacOS: Update graphviz to 2.38 and change to a binary launcher in app bundles.
- 8250: Gramps crashes when closed while exporting
- 9596: Some events are not shown in familymaps page.
- 9608: remove old debug bloc on place selection.
- Add GUI and CLI config option to allow easy setting
- 9549 Chinese characters are not rendered properly in pdf reports
- Variety of changes to Media support on gedcom, mostly having to do with embedded OBJE tag lines.
- Support v5.5.1 OBJE/FORM/MEDI tag on embedded OBJE
- Change OBJE/BLOB tag from "not understood" to "Recognized but not supported"
- Detect multiple FILEs in a single embedded OBJE >> v5.5.1 feature not supported
- Changed OBJE/FORM/TYPE to internationalize the data (same as SourceMediaType)
- Corrected XREF/OBJE/FORM to correctly save and use its value (was a typo in original code) and to accept any case.
- Added test for missing title on embedded OBJE, and use filename if missing.
- Added test for missing FILE on XREF style OBJE, with warning like the embedded OBJE.
- Support _PRIM tag to handle primary photo for Legacy Family Tree, Ancestral Quest, Family Origins, MyHeritage Family Tree Builder, and others.
- Some of these changes would have required making patches to six different nearly identical pieces of code. So I combined the similar methods and the two functions they called into a single function.
- Added function to check for a subordinate line with a specific tag, and report unexpected lines as not understood. Used that function in OBJE/REFN/TYPE and OBJE/_PRIM processing.
- Test files imp_FTM_PHOTO.ged and imp_MediaTest.ged have been updated to include testing on these changes.
- 9475: Sorting of Sources on gedcom
- Change "class xxx(object)" to "class xxx"
- Use "with open" instead of "try: except:"
- change "raise NotImplemented" to "raise NotImplementedError()"
- fix Trailing Whitespace on libgedcom.py
- 9427: Add new argument to IsEnclosedByRule
- Narrativeweb: place title must agree the references.place-auto configuration
- 9501: 9499 improvements on CSV file format support
- update Finnish holidays
- 9578: Some strings in tools and report dialogs will not translate
- 9575: Gedcom import improvements in media area to support v5.5.1 and FTM
- Trailing whitespace
- Gedcom import of FTM .ged file containing _LINK tags not supported
- Change pycairo-python3 to pycairo.
- pycairo for python2 is now py2cairo.
- Remove pango modules from bundle, pango no longer uses them.
- 9479: Gedcom import loses spaces in text fields from FTM
- 9580: Gedcom import of FTM file containing _PHOTO tags
- Missed self.photo initializer
- 9362: Attempting to select an "Available item" for the Book Report gives an error
- Fix for either valid or invalid FTM Gedcom
- 9579 Gedcom import of FTM file with OCCU record crashes import
- 9570: crash - 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_child_ref_list'
- 9560: Family Page maps are non-functional in Narrative Web report
- 9479: Gedcom import loses spaces in text fields from FTM
- 9566: String not translated in geoplaces
- 9556: Descendant Report does not recognise auto. place title generation
- 9557: Translated text will not be printed in the program
- 8452: Geography: Attempting to print crashes (add parent to dialog)
- 9124: GEDCOM doesn't accept CR as a line terminator
- Original code used readline() when file was in binary mode; this works
- only if file contains '\n', true only for CRLF and LF line endings.
- Switched to file text mode with correct encoding and universal newline support.
- 9537: Wrong Numeric date format for cs_CZ locale
- 9495: Narrativeweb: inconsistent & incomplete display of place hierarchy labels
- 9494: Narratedweb: surname listing errors for people with multiple partners
- 9517: In "Verify" people w/ death event w/o date are not thought dead
- 9453: While starting gramps, it fails to pop up "tips of the day"
- 9459: GEDCOM import in CLI mode with .ged file containing ANSEL encoding tries to pop up gui
- 9459: fix merge conflict
- 9472: Use first matching name when generating place titles
- 9123: GEDCOM import with media files that have no path fails
- 9474: [Geography] Geoclose and mother handle
- 8729: place names empty if Gedcom ADDR record contains no street
- Tidy up place configuration options
- Use CSS to fade background colour in ValidatableMaskedEntry
- 7949: crash on GEDCOM import with empty _AKA lines
- 9427: Add inclusive option to IsEnclosedBy rule
- 9075: Saving/closing new person window with Alt-o does not find gender
- Fix to allow deferred translation of place type
- 9466: Include all place types in place report
- 9314: Allow place selection both individually and by filter on textual report
- 8785: Expand tree in selectors automatically
- 9381: Fix Encloses gramplet to display correct place references
- Update for appdata stuff
- 9408: UnboundLocalError on ODF doc backend
- 8429: Media Preview: wrong frame
- fix signals
- 9416: GEDCOM import PLAC:FORM in local mode doesn't work
- 9414: fix empty Place Alternate Names on import
- 9448: Merge unit test for PlaceCheck not working correctly
- 9425: GEDCOM import some Place Names & Titles are blank
- 9430: GEDCOM import PLAC or ADDR attached Notes etc. are lost
- 9443: Gramps not appearing in Gnome Software
- 9173: fix broken GEDCOM import PLAC:FORM handling
- 9415: Place Alt Names gets duplicated entries
- 8809: Multiple GEDCOM imports creates duplicate event IDs
- 9417: The place page in webreport is complete mess
- 7390: Gallery tab of Source view does not display .ods files
- 9405: Narrated Web report - Individual sort order not correct on the Surnames tab
- 8981: Specify required GtkSpell and GExiv2 version
- 9377: Narrated web report link to thumbnails is broken on certain pages
- 9389: Narrated Web report - Individual page sort order has changed
- 8563: Gramps reports that it can't find dictionaries.
- Turns out it was really that enchant couldn't find its backend because an environment variable wasn't set.
- Update translations: cs, da, de, fi, fr, hu, pt_BR, ru, sl
See the Changelog.