The Gramps Developers have released:
Version 3.2.0 of Gramps! The "I am your father" release.
- New Plugin System:
- In the Help Menu -> Menu Status, all available plugins are visible. All plugins can be hidden, saving resources and hiding options you do not need.
- Many under the hood improvements have occurred that should improve performance enormously. New features are implemented as plugins that can be hidden.
- Performance improvement example: Insertion of a new person in a family tree with 30000 people previously took 4 seconds on a 1.4GHz PC running Gramps 3.1, but now takes milliseconds.
- New Views:
- There are new views, and some existing views have been greatly improved.
- People view can now be sorted on the columns.
- A Place treeview is present, nicely grouping your places under country groups.
- GeoView has left it's beta status behind and shows your data on an online map (OpenStreetMap or Google Maps, a fast internet connection is required).
- Help Menu -> Extra Reports/Tools open a webpage with downloadable views.
- Other improvements:
- Styled Notes now in most output formats that support styles.
- New languages.
- Select language in which report should be created (not yet available in all reports).