GRAMPS 0.8.0 has been released.
- Addition of ZODB support. Support is still preliminary, and not as feature full as the XML support. Requires python 2.1 or higher, so not a good solution for RedHat users, unless you wish to compile your own python and python-gnome libraries. (RH7.3 ships with python2.2, but that version is tied to an early beta of the GNOME 2 libraries)
- New build structure from David Hampton.
- Significant improvement in speed with the GEDCOM export.
- Enhanced web page generation.
- Fixed Mandrake 8.2/imlib problem the could cause GRAMPS to fail to run under Mandrake 8.2.
- Better importing of GEDCOM ids.
- Better handling of sources/source entry
- Better handling of exception conditions.
- Bug fixes.